How to Unlock Bootloader of Sony Ericsson Xperia Phones Tutorial
How to Unlock Bootloader of all Sony Ericsson Xperia phones. Sony Xperia Android Smartphones are now all over the market since from 2011 and 2012 and performing really well. The Sony Play technology has attracted many users. Xperia phones are Slim, Sleek and stylish. We are here by going to tell you about how you can unlock the bootloader on Xperia Series devices. If you want to root your Xperia phone and install custom ROM, then you have to unlock the bootloader to install custom clockworkmod recovery mode. We have detailed the procedure that will guide you through unlocking the bootloader using the Sony developer site. But you should know that unlocking bootloader voids warranty.
Here is the list of Sony Ericsson Xperia devices that you can currently unlock the bootloader by using below guide. We hoping that may more devices will be added to the list in the upcoming days.
Sony Ericssion Xperia Play, Arc, Arc S, Neo, Neo V, Pro, Mini, Mini Pro, Ray, Active and Walkman.
Sony Xperia S, P, Go, U, Sola and Arco S.
Steps and Procedure to Unlock Bootloader of Sony Ericsson Xperia Phones
1. First you must have unlocking bootloader key. In order to get the key you need visit the Ericsson website click here to go. After opening the webpage scroll down to the bottom and click on ‘Start unlocking the boot loader’.
2. In the next also do same thing scroll to bottom of the page and click ‘Continue’.
3. Next, in a new page a message will appear ‘Are you really sure?’ there you need to click on ‘Yes, I’m sure’ button to continue.
4. Accept all the Legal terms by clicking on the boxes and then click on ‘I accept’.
5. Under Create Unlock request, you need to enter the information such as Name, IMEI number and E-mail. (For getting the IEMI number dial *#06# in the phone). After entering all details then, click the ‘Submit’ button.
6. Then, somewhere on the next page, you will find boot loader unlock key. Copy that key on your notepad and save it to a known location in your Computer.
7. Download the Sony Xperia device USB drivers for both windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit from here . After downloading the file extract it and don’t do anything.
8. Again download the fastboot with android usb file package from here. Extract the zip file at somewhere else in your PC.
9. After extracting the file. Open the folder HOLD shift key in the keyboard and right click with mouse on the fastboot folder. Within a second, the list will pop up where you need to select ‘Open command window here’.
10. Now switch off the device and connect your device to PC with USB cable by holding some important button in the device. It may varies from device to devices. check out below things then you will get an idea.
- For Xperia arc, arc S, neo, neo V, pro you need to hold Menu button.
- For Xperia PLAY hold Search Button.
- For Xperia mini, mini pro, ray, active, Live with Walkman, Xperia S hold volume up button.
11. After connecting the device to the PC. Then in the command window, type the command without inverted commas " fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version ". If it shows some kind of value in result then your device has been connected successfully.
13. This is the final step and you have successfully unlocked your device’s Bootloader. For other information, you can visit XDA.