1. This root tutorial will only works on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070.
2. Make sure that you have backup the data, apps and settings from your Samsung device such as SMS, MMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Images, Audios, Videos, Bookmarks, Wi-Fi, APN settings and MMS settings etc as this process is going to wipe every data from your device.
3. Check of security suites such as antivirus and firewall whether they are disabled on your Computer.
4. You need to turn on the Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S i9070. This can be done simply by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and ticking the USB Debugging option box.
5. Please put your battery in charge and make sure that it was charged to at least 80%.
Advice: Before going to start the root process you must go to phone settings->click about phone and look for basedband version number. Note down that number in notepad and save it on the desktop.
Steps and Procedure for Rooting Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070:
1. Download working root package zip file from here to PC.
2. Once you have downloaded the file, then you need to extract the zip file in the PC.
3. After extraction is done. Open the folder there you can see a file name Odin3 v1.83.exe.
4. Launch the Odin3 v1.83 application in the computer.
5. Turn off the device in order to enter into download mode. For that do like this press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together and Power On the device simultaneously. After 1 min you will get a download mode with green android robot image.
6. Connect your device to the Computer via USB data cable while Odin is open. Once your device get connected, ID:COM section turns yellow in colour. If it doesn’t than you need to reconnect your device.
7. In Odin tool you need to two select two files into their respective fields.
a) Click PIT tab and then select the GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit file from the extracted folder which we done in step 2. Once you selected the file left side Re-partition filed will be tick marked automatically. So you need to uncheck it manually. For more idea see the below picture.
b) Click PDA section and then select the rootkernel.tar.md5.
c) You need to uncheck all other option except ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F Reset Time’.
8. Click on ‘Start’ button and wait for the process to get completed. The Samsung Galaxy S device will reboot automatically.
9. Now you must try to install Superuser and Busybox from Google Play Store which is the easiest way to do it. Once you installed both apps then your device will be rooted successfully.
Well it’s time to switch back to stock original kernel basedband firmware version number. Because above we used kernel for rooting the device have some problems like sudden reboots and lags. So that you need to install exact kernel to the device again. I already told you above advice note down the number and save it on the PC.
Right now my baseband version is XXLE2. So I’m going to download xxle2 file to go back to stock version. Choose the file according to your device baseband version.
1. Run the Odin application again in the PC.
2.Turn off the device and Boot into Download mode. For that press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together and Power On the device.
3. Connect the device to PC via USB cable.
4. Click on PDA tab and select the file which you downloaded recently. I selected xxle2.tar.md5 because before I was running on this firmware.
5. Click on Start and the process will be completed. The device will be reboot automatically.
That’s it your device is rooted perfectly without any problems. In case if you find any issues with above procedure comment here. We will try to solve your problem